Boxer offers an array of opportunities to those individuals who have what it takes to make a significant difference to their lives and the longevity of the company.
Boxer is an equal opportunity employer which continuously encourages its employees to be all that they can be – regardless of age, race, gender, disability or colour. If you are able to perform your tasks well, Boxer has a wide variety of career opportunities for you.
Boxer is fully credited as an official training centre with the W&R SETA. For further information about exciting career opportunities for both school graduates and managers, please contact the Human Resources Director by uploading your CV using the link below.
Cashier Job Responsibilities:
- Provides a positive customer experience with fair, friendly, and courteous service.
- Registers sales on a cash register by scanning items, itemizing and totaling customers’ purchases.
- Resolves customer issues and answers questions.
- Bags purchases if needed.
- Processes return transactions.
- Itemizes and totals purchases by recording prices, departments, taxable and nontaxable items; and operating a cash register.
- Enters price changes by referring to price sheets and special sale bulletins.
- Discounts purchases by redeeming coupons.
- Collects payments by accepting cash, check, or charge payments from customers and makes change for cash customers.
- Verifies credit acceptance by reviewing and recording driver’s license number; and operating credit card authorization systems.
- Balances cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift.
- Provides pricing information by answering questions.
- Maintains checkout operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Putting the information about working hours and benefits in this location helps keep your job seeker’s interest, encouraging them to continue reading your job ad. This is where you want to describe working conditions or requirements things like shift work, weekend work, overtime, and break schedules. Also, do be sure to mention special benefits that your company provides that others might not.
Cashier Qualifications/ Skills:
- Friendly and positive attitude
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to make change
- Basic math skills
- Attention to detail
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent desired
- 0-1 years of retail experience desired
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
If you are not contacted within 30 days after submission, your application will be deemed as unsuccessful.