Daily Sun has a vacancy for a revised sub-editor in its production office in Auckland Park.
An editor is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and quality of a company’s written materials. They are responsible for planning and creating written materials. A few of the main duties of an editor are editing copy and improving on it, educate writers on best practices, identify ways to improve the flow of materials and advise writers on content pieces. They also have to create a content calendar. Some of the job titles that an editor could grow into are editor-in-chief and senior editor.
- Editing news and features accurately and creatively under pressure and adhering to strict deadlines for both print and online;
- Accurate and creative caption and headline writing;
- Working as part of a team to ensure Daily Sun’s editorial quality.
- Speed, tenacity and accuracy;
- The ability to write punchy tabloid headlines and captions;
- Thourough knowledge of media law;
- Advanced computer literacy;
- Extremely well developed English language skills;
- Good knowledge of newspaper production;
- Thorough knowledge of current affairs;
- The ability to work tightly with a team and take instruction.
The successful candidate has to meet the following criteria:
- At least 10 years’ experience in copy subbing and revise;
- Skilled at writing headlines and captions;
- Other applicable experience in journalism;
- Ability to work independently and meet daily deadlines;
- A diploma or degree in journalism or related field will strengthen the application.
In exchange for the successful candidate’s services, the company offers a competitive salary, membership of the medical and retirement funds for persons qualifying.
Closing Date : 16 June 2021