Full-time Recruiting multiple applicants.
We are looking for a mature All-Rounder with great people skills to join our team. The person must be;
*Able to think on feet
*Work well under pressure
*Able to multi-task
*Have a non-endorsed code B/EB License
*Must be reliable, responsible and of sober habits
*Must be able to work independently as well as in a team
*Must be physically able and willing to work retail hours
*Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time
We are looking for a General Laborer to take up manual labor tasks and support operations in worksites.
One of the most important general laborer responsibilities is to collect trash, debris and other waste to keep the site clean and safe. You’ll also get to handle power tools and materials (such as saws and drills).
We’d like you to have include stamina and the ability to lift heavy loads. You should be able to concentrate on performing your tasks and commit to safety rules. If you fit this description, and you’re also interested in doing tough but important work, we’d like to meet you.
- Clean up worksites from hazardous or obsolete material
- Assist welders, carpenters, painters or other tradespeople on-site
- Handle and transport materials (e.g. cement) and equipment (e.g. drills and grinders)
- Use power tools and machinery (e.g. forklifts) when needed
- Follow instructions from supervisors to perform manual labor tasks (e.g. digging, stacking up goods)
- Put up warning signs (e.g. signposts, cones) for vehicles and passersby
- Help with setting up and transferring temporary structures (e.g. scaffolding)
- Report issues with equipment or unsafe conditions
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads of up to 40 KG etc.)
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Familiarity with power tools and machinery is a plus
- Communication and teamwork skills
- Commitment to safety rules
- Apprenticeship or specialization is an asset, but not necessary
This job may have many aspects depending on the needs of the business. You may be required to do deliveries, maintenance on the building and even keep an eye on the shop floor depending on where you are needed for the day.
Kindly note only applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted. We are committed to the principles of Employment Equity. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks please accept that your application was unsuccessful.