How To Apply For Jobs At Spur
Note: All Spur Steak Ranches are individually owned business entities and any employment opportunities should be sought at your nearest Spur. Spur does not require anyone to pay for possible employment.
If you are looking for an opportunity to become part of the Spur family, you can follow the below steps to apply. It’s simple.
To find out if your nearest Spur is hiring, call or go to the store and ask the manager on duty if they have any openings available.
If there is a position available that you would like to apply for, create a CV (no longer than 2 pages) which contains your contact details, work history and contactable references.
Email or fax your CV to the relevant Spur (or better yet, drop it off in person). If you don’t hear back from the relevant Spur within 2 weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
To work at a Spur franchise you will need the following:
- A South African ID
- Be able to work retail hours, including weekends and Public Holidays
- A minimum qualification of Grade 12 (or equivalent)
- Spur reserves the right to conduct Employee Verification Checks, including but not limited to Criminal and Credit Checks
Job Responsibilities :
greets customers and offers restaurant or cafe menus, answer questions about menu offerings, processes food and drink orders, carry food and drinks from the kitchen to tables, and prepares bills and process payments.
Waitress/ Waiter Job Duties
- Welcomes customers when they arrive at a restaurant, cafe, or other eating or drinking establishment
- Introduces customers to the menu and announces daily or seasonal menu specials
- Answers questions about menu items, ingredients, and pricing
- Takes customers’ orders for food and drink by writing them on a ticket, entering them into a tablet, or memorizing them
- Passes customer orders along to kitchen staff for preparation
- Prepares drinks and serves them to customers
- Collects food orders from the kitchen, verifies that they are correct, and serves them to customers
- Ensures that customers are satisfied with their meals and processes orders for additional courses if necessary
- Removes used dishes, glasses, and flatware from tables
- Prepares cheques and delivers them to customers
- Processes cash and credit card payments and returns change to customers if necessary
- Sets tables with dishes, glasses, and flatware and refills condiments
- Maintains familiarity with menu items, specials, and restaurant information
- Meets with managers and wait for staff daily or regularly in order to learn about menu changes and specials as well as discuss upcoming reservations and customers with special needs
Waitress/ Waiter Skills and Qualifications
No Formal Education Required, Physical Strength, Physical Stamina, Attention to Detail, Ability to Multitask, Written and Verbal Communication, Customer Service Skills, Interpersonal Communication, Teamwork, Ability to Work Under Pressure, Positive Attitude, Familiarity With Alcohol Restrictions or Laws