Website Pep Store
POSITION: PROCESS MANAGER (C2)
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain – Kuilsriver Distribution Center
BASED: Johannesburg PEP Distribution Center
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To lead, manage, and coordinate the optimum operational performance of the Distribution Centre business unit through instilling high performance and continuous improvement, and compliance with the SOPs, in line with the Sikhula KunYe Culture.
- Compile daily operational plan to balance DC capacity and deal with peak periods
- Supervises the capturing and displaying of the operations department’s daily productivity and quality targets
- Based on the operational plan, determines the priorities (e.g. labor requirements) for each department per shift
- Addresses critical issues that may arise and makes recommendations should the plan not be achievable
- Manage and coordinate monthly new store distributions
- Formulate manning requirements for special work activities linked to value-added services
- Manage and coordinate seasonal and BTS re-pricing waves
- Create management reports to help senior management make necessary operational decisions
- Communicates daily with all DC internal departments, Central Office Control tower, and central planning teams
- Complies with health and safety requirements to ensure the health and safety of all personnel
- Facilitates teamwork and motivates workforce- staff morale
- Compile daily operational plan to balance DC capacity through all departments to address many critical issues/ bottlenecks that may arise, e.g. machinery constraints, line aging prioritization, forecast mitigation, etc.
- Supervises the capturing and displaying of the operations department’s daily productivity and quality targets in order to reduce costs and increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage and assist Scheduler in the optimized daily scheduling for Pick and pack and Full Carton distribution to take place
- Manage all queries on WMS through relevant systems, processes, and IT stakeholder’s teams.
- Scheduling and Planning of product flow in the DC environment.
- Forecast Model taking into account cube data to reduce transport costs.
- Ensure lead times are met, as well as picking and despatch standards.
- Ensure special/urgent orders prioritized.
- CPU on packaging and Labour is managed according to budget.
- Analyze trends and make recommendations to increase efficiencies in DC.
JOB INCUMBENT REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced Certificate in Supply Chain Management /Logistics/ General Management/ Project Management – NQF level 6 equivalent
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a middle management role, managing the flow of stock within a warehousing environment
- Demand Planning experience in the retail environment will be advantageous
- Experience in communicating with senior leadership of the business
- Report writing skills are required
- Computer Literacy: G-Suite (with Advanced Excel)
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations will be an advantage
- WMS exposure will be an advantage
- Competencies: Leadership; Coaching; Problem assessment; Excellent planning & organizing skills; High regard for quality and detail; Good communication skills; Stress tolerance and Confidence and decisiveness
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, 15 JANUARY 2020
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV and covering letter to Sipho Mathebula by e-mail: email@example.com.
All external candidates please apply on skills Map via this URL:https://pepstores.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/43839
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
PEP strives for equal opportunity in terms of its employment equity guidelines
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org