Merchandise Assistant – Parow Industria, Cape Town
POSITION: Merchandise Assistant (B4)
DEPARTMENT: Dealz FMCG
LOCATION: Cape Town, Western Cape
An exciting opportunity exists in our Dealz department! If you are a dynamic individual who wants to be part of an amazing and thriving team, who enjoys assisting and supporting Buyers to source the best products at affordable prices for our customers, then this is the ideal opportunity for you!
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To create and maintain purchase order information; create new lines on MMS, to manage deliveries, to ensure stock arrives timeously; and to manage the sampling process.
- Administration of the sampling process (i.e. monitoring progress, sending reports to suppliers)
- Liaise with suppliers with regard to order process
- Administration of markdown process
- Follow up on deliveries
- Maintaining the sample room
- General administration: handling of queries, capturing orders, filing, etc.
- Releasing of Orders
- Proforma Approvals
- Comp Shopping and maintaining comp shop schedule
- Liaising with Marketing Department regarding promotions
JOB INCUMBENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12
- 1 – 2 Years administrative experience
- Experience in a Buying environment will be advantageous
- Computer Literacy: MS Office- G-Suite
- A passionate, service orientated team player
- Competencies required: Accuracy, Performing under pressure, Planning, Cooperation, Listening Skills, Drive, Flexibility
CLOSING DATE: 19 March 2021
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV and an internal application form to our SkillsMap platform using the following link: (https://pepstores-internal.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/47586)
All external candidates please use the following link:(https://jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/47586)
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
PEP strives for equal opportunity in terms of its employment equity guidelines.