SALARY: R102 534 per annum (Level 2)
CENTRE: 8 SAI BN, Upington
A minimum of Grade 10 or ABET L1-4.Special requirements (Skills needed): Ability to communicate effectively (verbal) in English. Basic knowledge of health and safety. Knowledge of basic maintenance of machinery with a low level of complexity in operating it. Knowledge of basic hand tools and cleaning equipment. Ability to operate cleaning machines Ability to perform routine tasks. Ability to work in a team and individually. Basic numeracy and literacy skills. Must be physically fit to perform cleaning duties. Working relations with others.
Perform cleaning-related duties in offices and other facilities as determined by Supervisor (i.e. sweeping, vacuuming, window cleaning, dusting, polishing furniture and floors). Clean ablution facilities. Report and defects in the work place to immediate supervisor
ENQUIRIES : Lt E.T. Madise Tel No: (081) 642 6047/WO2 G.S Magogodi Tel No: (018) 642 6045.
APPLICATIONS: Department of Defence, SA Army 2 SAI BN, Zeerust Private Bag X1348, Zeerust, 2865
Cleaner Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all basic cleaning in and around residences or office buildings.
- Cleans floors and rooms. including dust mopping, damp mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, picking up larger objects off the floor, and spot cleaning glass and windows.
- Cleans restrooms, including restocking dispensers, emptying trash, cleaning and sanitizing fixtures, cleaning mirrors, spot cleaning partition doors and walls, sweeping and mopping tile floors, and cleaning toilets and urinals.
- Vacuums, empties trash, and replaces liners.
- Sets up, stocks, and maintains cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Monitors and maintains sanitation and organization of assigned areas.
- Transports dirty linens to correct area to be cleaned and restocks areas with clean linens.
- Assists other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Performs additional duties as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is the ideal place in your cleaner job description to discuss your working hours and benefits, advising applicants of seasonal work hours, overtime possibilities, or any particular staffing requirements. You can also sell prospective cleaners about the benefits — like vacation time and commuter or childcare reimbursements — that set your business apart.
Cleaner Qualifications / Skills:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team