Dis-Chem Pharmacies require a Security Guard Supervisor for their Midrand Region. You will be required to organise and oversee all security operations of the company and command security personnel while implementing policies and procedures of the organisation. Maintain security standards by create and preserve an environment where employees, visitors and property are safe and well- protected
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Grade C accreditation with the PSIRA
- PSIRA registered
- 3 years minimum experience in the retail industry, such as shopping malls and warehouse
- At least 1-year specific previous experience in a supervisory role
- Monitor and control access to the premises by documenting and regulating entrance into the site by vehicles or pedestrian’s access points to allow entry only to individuals with the correct authorization.
- Investigate and report signs of damage or unlawful entry as it occurs and act accordingly in the best interest of protecting Dis-Chem assets.
- Be clearly visible as far as reasonably possible as deterrent to discourage criminal activities, prevent theft, – damage, – personal injury, and other dishonourable acts.
- Oversee and monitor access control by searching of staff, suppliers and company merchandisers and ensure that all doors and windows are locked at the end each day.
- Maintain and complete all registers and occurrence books.
- Cancel staff purchasers and goods declared.
- Supervise and check refuse removal according to Dis-Chem standards.
- Protect the property and assets of the business from dishonest persons, action or any acts of malicious behaviour that could result in the company suffering loss.
- Ensure continuous personnel screening and searches on a daily basis.
- Ensure thorough and proper vehicle searches throughout the day.
- Conduct briefing sessions with the security team at the beginning of all new shifts to discuss and relay information on developments and occurrences since the last shift and shares information about any security concerns.
- Ensure that all security systems, such as the CCTV and burglar alarms, are working properly and report any breakdowns of the security systems to management.
- Implement preventative measures against accidents, thefts and other risks.
- Report any suspicious incidents verbally to management in detail with the submission of a written detailed report as soon as conveniently possible.
- Contact policing and emergency authorities and make written or verbal reports to law enforcement officers when needed as legally required and in accordance of Dis-Chem procedures.
- When problem situations or crisis arise or have been dealt with to maintain observing surroundings and report to management on findings and or changes in identified that intensify the situation.
- After a crisis, report the incident to management, the police or the appropriate authorities (such as the fire services in the case of a fire outbreak) with a detailed written report concerning the incident and your activities around the incident.
- Rapid Response.
- Respond quickly and correctly during crisis – be alert to avoid being caught unaware.
- Know how best to respond to various dangerous situations according to industry and Dis-Chem standard operating procedures.
- Apply active response during some dangerous situations (such as armed robbery attacks or assaults with deadly weapons) and make contact with police authorities to prevent loss of lives or property.
- Take accurate notes of unusual occurrences and daily activities.
- Enforce rules and regulations to prevent criminal activity before it happens.
- Perform special duties – receive phone calls, respond to text and email messages, and run vital errands for the department according to Dis-Chem and industry standard operating procedures.
- Schedule security personnel to cover designated facilities and shifts.
- Organize the work schedule, including the security guard’s rotations and breaks.
- Oversee all matters of security and safety relating to both personnel and property, including facilities and equipment.
- Oversee a security workforce or a security installation, such as a monitoring station.
- Monitor subordinates and perform patrolling and administrative duties.
- Provide security guards with information on possible problems to look out for and educate them in dealing with these problems.
- Guide security staff to act appropriately during emergency situations.
- PSIRA knowledge
- Fire emergency and relevant Health and Safety Training and exposure
- English – Read, write and speak well as it is the organization’s official language
- Be able to think on your feet and act in the interest of securing the company assets while waiting for assistance
- Be self-motivated and security orientated
- Trustworthy and honest
- Able to lead, motivate and inspire others
- Be self-motivated and security orientated
Special conditions of employment:
- Work both indoors and outdoors in all possible weather conditions
- Do patrols in rainy, hot or cold weather in dry, wet or humid conditions
- South African
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and own reliable transport
- Must have keen senses of sight, hearing, and smelling.
- Must be able to lift and move a dead weight of 50kg for a minimum distance of 50 metres
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.