Expand your career with us
We are in the dynamic business of distributing products to the SPAR stores located throughout South Africa and some neighboring countries. With distribution centers (DCs) located in 5 provinces, we ensure that products are delivered to stores just in time for the consumer to enjoy their shopping experience at their local SPAR store. All of this is made possible by the dedicated staff we have at our DCs and Central Office.
SPAR offers rewarding careers in the fields of sales, finance, marketing, logistics, information technology, and human resources. We are constantly on the lookout for people with the right skills and attitude to join our SPAR family. We have teamed up with PNET, one of South Africa’s largest online career portals, to advertise vacancies.
Some of the career streams available at SPAR:
- Finance: debtors, creditors, accounting, administration, bookkeeping, payroll
- Marketing: procurement, advertising, promotions, customer care, sponsorships, and special events
- Logistics: receiving, assembly, transport, maintenance, engineering, risk control
- Information Technology: support, programming, business analysis, software development, and testing, retail systems, DC systems, training, and project management.
- Human Resources: training, industrial relations, general HR, staff benefits, organizational development
- Sales: food specialists, retail consultancy, store planning, new business development
Quality Control Clerk (Fresh Produce)
- Keep a record of checks performed and complete daily report with recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor quality variations amongst Suppliers and notify relevant Buyers.
- Participate in Fresh team meetings.
- Check the quality of Supplier stock in terms of damages and expiry dates.
- Communicate poor product quality to other stakeholders.
- Complete claims for incorrect stock, shortages, quality problems and damaged stock.
- Investigate claims prior processing quality claims from retailers.
- Identify areas contributing to poor quality and put corrective measures in place.
- Record and present updated statistics regarding warehouse stock quality issues.
- Develop trend reports on Supplier behavior.
- Implement and support innovations in the quality space e.g. QC APP.
- Oversee Quality across the Warehouse.
- Enforce quality standards in line with the regulatory framework.
- Assist in developing and maintaining BOPs on Quality issues within the operation
- Overall responsibility and accountability for quality within the fresh produce department.
- Any other reasonable task requested by management
- Matric or equivalent qualification essential
- Food Technology /Biotechnology Consumer Science in Food and Nutrition / Agricultural Quality Control qualification
- 2 Years fresh foods experience (Produce/Bakery/Meat/Home Meal Replacement)
- Team player
- Good communications skills (written and verbal)
- Enthusiastic and assertive
- Understanding of FSMS (Food Safety Management Systems)
- Auditing (Internal/external)
- Customer care
- Must be able to work overtime, shifts, public holidays and weekends
- Attention to details
Didn’t find a job opportunity you are interested in?
Register your profile regardless so that you can be found by us when a suitable position becomes available.