Responsible for the physical receipt of goods inwards and the issue of stock against appropriate requisitions. Stocks and stores items in good order and organise the warehouse to comply with set standards.
- NQF 4 or relevant qualification
- Previous experience as a warehouse controller will be advantageous
- Good computer skills , including good working knowledge of Microsoft Package
- Constantly adding value to the current function of the job
- Appointment subject to a clear Criminal Background check
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for accurate, on time loading of all shipments as per the pipeline
- Ensure that correct transfer order between production and dispatch is done
- Ensure that invoicing is done according to the picking slip
- Ensure that the correct client is invoiced
- Ensure that all manual invoices are invoiced on NAV before shift ends
- Ensure correct total of crates are invoiced
- Ensure that drivers arrive on time
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly PRP authorization and sign-off are completed
- Pre-overtime authorization should be completed and authorized as applicable
- Manage and coordinate activities of employees engaged in the loading process: Picking and loading of bread and other bakery products in a safe and clean environment
- Ensure that shift is balanced back to NAV before going home
- Ensure that all OLD Sales Orders are removed from NAV
- Ensure that stock counts are done on month ends at the set given time
- Ensure crate count is done at start of each shift
- Ensure that enough red/green seals are available for the shift for dispatch and Intake
- Ensure that only VKB crates are used on Frankfort routes
- Ensure that loads are loaded to maximize load efficiency
- Ensure picked quantity corresponds with picking slips
- Ensure that only VKB Crates are used where applicable
- Ensure that loads are stacked correctly to avoid collapsing and damages occurring
- Ensure that all personnel adhere to food safety policies and procedures
- Ensure that the correct color seals are used
- Ensure that the drivers fresh returns are recorded correctly when opened before loading
- Ensure that trucks are loaded in such a manner that it is easy and quickly checkable by the driver
- Monitor product quality and food safety compliance in the warehouse and dispatch
- Ensure daily hygiene principles at all workstations according to company policy on each shift
- Ensure daily hygiene inspections are done according to specified regulations
- Ensure cleaning equipment is in place at allocated areas.
- Ensure that in-process cleaning is always adhered you throughout the warehouse.
- Any stock variances to be resolved immediately before leaving the site
- Housekeeping check-sheets are to be completed on each shift
- Ensure housekeeping standards are adhered to
- Adhere to health and safety compliance, regulations and guidelines in the warehouse area
- Manage and coordinate warehouse personnel
- Allocate daily responsibilities to loading personnel
- Ensure that all personnel adhere to hygiene and health and safety guidelines.
- Coordinate daily authorized Man load vs actual Man load
- Time and attendance of personnel
- Adhere always to HR policies and procedures
- Disciplinary actions against employees are followed, as necessary
- Personnel attendance rosters and schedules accompanied by yearly leave planning
- Ensure good final product quality and presentation for customer needs
- Training and skills development of personnel, also maintaining and updating skills matrix report
- Strong analytical, numeracy, and interpersonal skills
- Accuracy Skills
- Organizational skills
- Communication Skills
- Compliance Skills
- The company can expire jobs at any time at their own discretion.
- VKB Group and/or its subsidiary companies will use any personal data collected through the job opportunities section of this website for recruitment purposes only and, should your application be successful, for purposes connected with your employment.
- VKB Group is an equal opportunity employer. VKB Group’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to VKB Group’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. VKB Group actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.
- Things to take note of when applying through our Career Portal.
- Use Google Chrome when accessing the portal
- Clear copy of your CV in either PDF or Word
- The CV should not have handwriting on the document
- NB! Only Submit your CV on the Upload CV section of the application form and not a PDF that includes other documents such as ID, Driver’s License, and other documents. The application form will make provision for the candidate to upload supporting documents.
- When uploading a profile picture, make sure the minimum size uploaded is 300 x 300px