At Woolies we offer a unique blend of food, fashion, beauty and homeware. Our vision is to be our customers favourite retail brand and together with our 32 000 strong team at Woolworths SA we are committed and driven to transform this vision into reality.
ABOUT THE WHL GROUP
The Group consists of three trading divisions, Woolworths South Africa (Woolworths or WSA), David Jones (DJ), and Country Road Group (CRG). Woolworths Financial Services Proprietary Limited (WFS) is a joint venture with Absa Bank,which holds the controlling interest.
Our Purpose is the reason why what we do matters. We can only achieve our vision by collectively creating the same magical and memorable experience for our people and our customers. We do this by living our values.
We are looking for an efficient, courteous cashier who possesses excellent customer service skills. The cashier will scan the customer’s selections, ensure that prices and quantities are accurate, accept payments, issue receipts, answer inquiries, and provide helpful information to customers products, promotions, or item location. You will also respond to complaints, process refunds or exchanges of items, and maintain a clean workspace.
To succeed as a cashier, you should have a strong work ethic and high level of accuracy. You should be responsible, attentive to customer needs, and committed to providing excellent service.
- Welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items, and providing advice or recommendations.
- Operating scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronics.
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales.
- Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate and proving a receipt to every customer.
- Processing refunds and exchanges, resolving complaints.
- Bagging or wrapping purchases to ensure safe transport.
- Following all store procedures regarding coupons, gift cards, or the purchase of specific items, such as alcohol or cigarettes.
- Maintaining a clean workspace.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Customer service or cashier experience.
- Ability to handle transactions accurately and responsibly.
- High level of energy with strong customer service skills.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, lift heavy items, and work with other team members in a fast-paced environment to provide excellent service.
- Attention to detail.
- Helpful, courteous approach to resolving complaints.